Pressure sand filter is used for the removal of suspended solids & turbidity. The pressure sand filter is extremely robust method of removing suspended solids from water. The filtration medium comprises of multiple layers of sand having different sizes. As per the needs of our customers, we can offer sand filters in various sizes and material apart from hand operated or fully automatically operated.
HOW IT WORKS?
1. Raw water is passed through sand filter at a pressure of 2 - 3.5 kg / cm2.This reduces the suspended solids that are present in the raw water.
2. This filter has the ability to remove up to 30 to 50 micron of suspended solids to less than 5 ppm
3. It is mandatory to wash the filter daily with raw water for 20 to 30 minutes
4. For the filtration of partials below 30 to 50 micron, the cartridge filter is used
5. They are manufactured in mild steel, stainless steel, FRP, MS/RL etc.